Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies Student Organization Grants (Undergraduate and Graduate)
The Reischauer Institute at Harvard University offers grants to undergraduate and graduate student organizations for projects involving Japan. These grants are offered on an ongoing basis; however organizations are encouraged to apply as early as possible as funds are limited. Applications must be submitted at least one month in advance of the event or project start date. Harvard undergraduate and graduate student groups should apply using the attached Reischauer Institute Student Organization Form.
A student organization grant application to be funded (fully or partially) by the Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies would need to encompass the following items:
- There needs to be a significant Japan component
- Participation of core Japan faculty is strongly preferred
- The activity needs to be in fulfillment of the Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies mission which is the academic and scholarly supporting and developing of Japanese Studies at Harvard and not for cultural activities
- Ordinarily, awards do not exceed $1000
- After the activity, a report on the activity and 2-4 photos post event are required to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For student organization grant questions, please contact Catherine, email@example.com
Please see the attached RIJS Student Organization Grant Application Form below.